Tuesday 3 May 2011

I feel happy

I took Anna Mariah to Mass this morning. She was so good, and spent a lot of it on my knee, cuddling, since some of the congregation were smiling at her and she would make shy and hide her face in my neck. So sweet, and good.

We visited the shrine to St Anne, the patron saint of our Church, and then in Mass, while the priest was reading the Gospel, I had her standing on the kneeler before me, while I stroked her hair, and gently rested my hand upon her shoulder...I thought about St Anne, and what an honour it is to raise a child of God, and teach them of Him and His Family.

Before Mass, we went to our favourite shrine...I think that's the word...the place where you light a candle. The one I like has Mary, holding the baby Jesus, I feel so connected to that, I suppose being a mother myself.
We have a tradition, where we light a candle, and then one of us blows it out, and watches the 'prayer' or 'little wish' going up to Heaven, to whisper in God's ear. Then we re-light it, and place it in a holder.

Afterwards, we went to have a cuppa, and a LOT of biccies for Anna. She even managed to whisper 'Is that the lady who plies me with biscuits, Mummy?' about one of the friendly ladies who we join there, for a bit of company. Afterwhich we bought a lovely child's book on First Communion, as much for me as for Anna Mariah.

No comments:

Post a Comment